business letters are geared to the bureaucratic style of the 20th century, its
brochures use bold headings, and the lady on the phone seems quite reserved.
Read on to find out how to create a standardized corporate language.
- Raise awareness: Because all staff communicate verbally, they all need to know how a standardized corporate language can benefit the company.
- Establish the company’s desired image as this is the goal which is conveyed subliminally in all texts and expressed communicatively.
- Establish the current status:
Collect, sort and analyze all texts which the company uses to
communicate; at the same time, look at texts from your main competitors
and compare them to your own
- Analyze the target and communication groups and re-establish them if necessary
- Check existing texts to determine the extent to which they pursue the aims set
- Review your text inventory, create a standardized corporate style and adapt all types of texts Anyone who takes these steps
will soon notice the financial and time benefits. After all, those responsible will then know
what needs to be written and how.