trusting and open environment as well as a constructive and factual atmosphere
when delivering criticism. The main principle here is: Focus on the topic, not
on the person!
The following guidelines will help you to determine the purpose
of the discussion – making adjustments and/or preventing mistakes:
- Talk about the topic, not about the person.
- Go straight to the point and speak openly about mistakes – no need to beat about the bush.
- Make sure you are aware of the topic before the discussion takes place.
- Give the person receiving the criticism a chance to state their case.
solutions and ways out of the situation. Together with the employee,
put forward ideas for adjustments and alternatives to prevent mistakes.
- Never give criticism in front of another person: this is a private issue.