no mysterious tricks or specific skills to develop more competencies. Deciding
which behavior will do on a specific day with a specific group of people -
that's what's important. If you don't attach significance to aspects such as
the sense of responsibility, reliability and credibility, you shall try to
establish yourself by hook or by crook, but will not be perceived as a
competent person on whom others can count in rough times.
So if you want to be perceived as a competent person, I recommend the
- Take responsibility for your own actions.
- Avoid everything that will put your personal credibility at stake.
- Keep your promises: in case of doubt say 'no' rather than not being able to fulfill your promise.
- Take advantage of situations where you can prove your reliability without lowering your sights.
- Never abuse your personal power as an end in itself.
with your own mistakes actively. Openly admitting to mistakes, rather
than sweeping them under the carpet, often shows you are in control.
- Remain true to yourself
and your style. Don't be pushed in a direction which doesn't suit you at all.
Be genuine! Try to see things from another perspective and always keep in mind
other ways of handling things.
Schloss Elbroich - Am Falder 4
+49 – (0) 211 - 757 07 40
Fax: +49 – (0) 211
- 75 00 53